|European Economists for an Alternative Economic Policy in Europe|
|Call for Papers and Participation
25th Annual Conference on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
A Green New Deal for Europe – Opportunities and Challenges
This year’s EuroMemo Group conference will be jointly hosted with the Paris University 13 and will take place on 26-28 September 2019 (Thursday-Saturday) at the Paris University 13.
Against the background of the deepening climate and environmental crisis, this year’s conference will particularly address the need for socio-ecological transformation in Europe and will critically discuss related policy proposals, in particular the Green New Deal.
The programme will be as follows:
Thursday, September 26th 2019
13.00 – 14:30 Pre-Conference Event: Founding assembly of the EuroMemo legal association
15.00 – 19.00 Opening plenary
Part II: Prospects for a Green New Deal for Europe
20.00 Conference Dinner
Friday, September 27th 2019
10.00 – 13.30 Workshops on key themes of EU policy
14.30 – 16.00 Plenary on policy proposals from workshops
16.15 – 18.00 Special plenary ‘The current politico-economic situation in France and its
Saturday, September 28th 2019
09.00 – 12.00 Planning meeting: EuroMemorandum 2020 and other activities
|We would like to invite you to attend the conference and to submit proposals for contributions to the workshops.
All papers that present an original perspective on the conference theme ‘A Green New Deal forEurope – Opportunities and Challenges’ are welcome. In particular, we encourage submissions that relate to recent European developments and are specific to one of the following topics
– The socio-ecological transformation: concepts, policies, challenges and opportunities
– Climate change policies ten years after the Copenhagen Summit 2009
– The role of public investment for sustainable development in the EU
– The political and economic implications of BREXIT
– Legal constraints for progressive change in Europe
– The implications of the digital economy for Europe
– The need for reform of taxation policy in the EU
– The impact of Global Value Chains and the quest for regulating TNC activities (e.g. UN Binding Treaty)
– The political economy of progressive industrial policy in the EU (e.g. the Siemens-Alstom decision, the new German proposals for industrial policy etc.)
– The scope for implementing the European Social Pillar
– The political and economic situation in Eastern Europe, the economic and political agendas of the far-right governments and political forces
– The importance of promoting alternative economic practices – e.g. the Commons, the solidarity economy, the care economy
– The political economy of global conflict and disorder, the militarization of the EU
Proposals for papers together with a short abstract (maximum 250 words) should be submitted by 15 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please indicate the topic which the proposal is intended for. If accepted, completed papers should be submitted by 06 September 2019.
We strongly encourage participants to submit short papers (10-12 pages) and to explicitly address policy implications.
If you would like to submit an abstract and/ or participate in the conference, please copy the registration form below into an email and reply to email@example.com. Please note that there is no deadline for registering for participation only.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Steering Committee of the EuroMemo Group.Accepted papers will be published on the conference website and there is also the possibility to publish papers presented at the conference within the EuroMemo Group Discussion Paper Series.
|Please note that there will be a conference fee collected at the venue to cover the cost of the conference (30 Euro regular fee / 10 Euro for students / 80 Euro for participants with institutional support).
Further practical information including details about hotel bookings and transport will soon be circulated.
|We look forward to seeing you in Helsinki!
Marija Bartl, Joachim Becker, Marcella Corsi, Wlodzimierz Dymarski, Trevor Evans, Marica Frangakis, John Grahl, Peter Herrmann, Laura Horn, Aimilia Koukouma, Jeremy Leaman, Jacques Mazier, Agustín Menéndez, Mahmood Messkoub, Ronan O’Brien, Werner Raza, Catherine Sifakis, Frieder Otto Wolf
|European Economists for an Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
E-Mail >> firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet >> http://www.euromemo.eu
|Registration form for the 25th Workshop on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
(please reply to email@example.com)
Yes, I intend to participate in the 25th Workshop on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
(26-28 September 2019 in Paris)
Yes, I wish to contribute a paper
Title of the Paper:
Abstract (max. 250 words):